Monday, September 26, 2011

We went to the WW2 museum this Saturday, neither hubby or I had been. We thought it was free Smithsonian museum day – however we found out that only applied to Smithsonian members. We were already there so we paid and went. The museum itself was good, but very crowded. The best part however was the Beyond All Borders movie. It was well done, and then you add the neat effects (it snows!), it was definitely worth the price. We stopped at the overcrowded soda shop and I got a Melon Mint soda that was very tasty. We just hung out and ran a few errands most of the rest of the weekend. It felt like it went by too fast.
I finished the baby quilt for a Dr. at work. I had to do it quicker than I was planning. I was going to do it this weekend and get it to her before the beginning of Oct (she was due Oct 10) but she said she might go early, so I wanted to get it to her ASAP. She said she liked it and a co-worker asked me if I could do 2 for her to give as gifts. The idea of a commission makes me a little nervous – what if they don’t like it or it doesn’t turn out as they imagine it? I have more projects I want to do than I will ever have time for. I made to cushion covers that I think turned out nicely. I want to make more for the other couch.
Tonight I’m going to go to a skate clinic for the Roller Derby. I dunno that I’ll actually try out, but I’ll at least go to this first clinic (there’s another one next Monday and tryouts the following Saturday). This morning I started having doubts about even going to the clinic - I have cracked my wrist twice as a kid skating, and I’m not very tough.
I’m a tv junkie lately and a DVR doesn’t help, but here’s my rundown
Mondays: Castle – Love IT! Nathan Fillion is so adorable and I ship Castle/Beckett so much. I’ll have to record tonight’s (and maybe future episodes).
The Playboy Club – I gave the first episode a chance. Networks are definitely trying to jump on Mad Men/1960’s bandwagon. I’m not so sure on the whole mob thing – but I’ll give it a second chance.
2 Broke Girls – Funny, and I enjoy Kat Dennings I’ll give it a second episode – but I don’t see it lasting long
New to check out Terra Nova and Hart of Dixie
Tuesdays – Love me some Glee. The New Girl – I adore Zooey Deschanel and it’s funny, I just hope that the quirkiness doesn’t become forced. Caught up on Parenthood, it’s good so far. Watched the first episode of Ringer. Dunno how I feel about it and was a little confused by the ending. I’ll give it a few more episodes. I still have to catch up on Body of Proof.
Wednesday – watched Up All Night – it’s fun. Doesn’t help the baby fever though.
Thursday – Secret Circle – This one could get really cheesy – but it might become a guilty pleasure. Watching Big Bang Theory. Taping Community til we get caught up on season 2. Whitney was ok, I’ll give it a second episode, but I’ dunno that I’ll get into it.
Fridays – SUPERNATURAL!!!! We’re still catching up on season 6 – have about 5 more episodes and then we’ll be current.
Doctor Who is wrapping up – this season has been good. I want to check out Bedlam as well.
I am not just only watching TV, I am reading some. Last week I read “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”. It wasn’t quite what I expected but it was enjoyable. The photographs in it were wonderful – I love old photos especially creepy/Odd ones. I also read “The Summoning”. It was ok – dragged some. I’ll give the second book a try so I can return it to H. I need to work through the Leaning Tower of Piza that is pile of books on the nightstand. I get sort of ADD with book – I have at least 6 with bookmarks in them. I have four coming from Barnes and Noble (I had giftcards from my birthday!).
I wanted to buy the new Girls album and maybe the Naked and Famous album, but couldn’t find them at Best Buy – so I suppose I’ll download from Amazon or itunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment