Friday, June 11, 2010

Always look on the Bright Side of Life.....

*insert Eric Idle whistling*
So I figured since a lot of my posts so far have been complaining, that I'd write a list of good things/Things I'm looking forward to/things I"m enjoying, etc.

  • 41 days til Comic Con - This has become a mantra for me, to keep me going and working on things. So far, there's only a handful of artists/authors announced that I know, but heck, I'd go just for the vendors and the experience of it all

  • Third anniversary with Hubby on the 9th. It was nice. We both had work, but we were able to go out to dinner alone at Tujauges.

  • Season 3 premiere of True Blood this sunday - yea, the show's a little campy, but I love it. The books are fun too. Going to the ultimate fan thing that the theater last week really helped put me in the mood for it. Plus, I have a bottle of TruBlood to try whilst watching :D

  • Cold Brew Iced Tea - I've probably drank almost a liter a day. When I make tea at home, it never tastes like it does in a resturaunt, but it's still good. Sometimes I put a little sugar free Raspberry syrup in it if I'm feeling adventurous.

  • Finished the baby quilt for the shower for our babysitter this weekend (Won't get into the whole teen pregnancy thing right now). Finished 1 crib sheet -- which turned into an ordeal, that could have been avoided had I not assumed all fabric was the same width. I hope to finish 2 more crib sheets and maybe some burp cloths tonight.

  • Drumstick Sprinkled Cones

  • Mad Men - we watched all 3 seasons in the span of a month or so. Looking forward to the new season in July

  • Watching series we've netflixed in the evenings with Hubby - Bonekickers hasn't been as good as other BBC series we've watched. This will probably slow some as we have both kids. Maybe rent some movies we can all watch... and of course some Pokemon for G who's become a junkie. At least with a dvd she can watch in her room and not in the living room.

  • That I've gotten to cook twice with Basil I grew and that the bell pepper plants acctually have peppers starting on them.

  • Reading the book(s) I told myself I'd save for the comic con trip.

  • That hubby seemed to be touched by his anniversary present (ipod) and excited to use it. He's been filling it with songs each day)

  • That there's suppose to be another season/series of Torchwood -- I'm a little worried that it's suppose to be "torchwood international", cause US networks could totally muck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment