Sunday, June 6, 2010

This is going to be a long summer...

She's only been here 2 hours and I'm already frustrated.
Don't get me wrong, I love E, but she is very frustrating. Husband and I had discussed that there were scholarships she needed to work on while she's here and she needed to spend the first week studying for ACT. The summer art camp he teaches at asked if she could be an assistant. She wants the money, he said yes. So from 7-430 each day, she'll be there. When she did it last year, she would promptly come come and sleep for 2-4 hours.
She has one week to study for the ACT. I figured between the camp and the scholarships we wanted her to do and some art lessons hubby wanted to do with her, she'd be plenty busy. Well she comes with this 20+ item assignment for AP studio next year (which sound so strange... how can you advance place on art skills you're suppose to be taught) and a reading list which she hasn't even gotten yet. 20+ assignments (she claims some she can do on her own...), 6 or so scholarships, studying, photographing art work.... for someone who has no time management and is unmotivated. She already dumped stuff all over her room. She picked on her sister as soon as she got here (at 17.... she's big enough to not need to do that to a 10 yr old). I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of shit that doesn't get done.
I was trying to nicely bring it up now... hey, do you think she's going to have enough time to work full time and get this other school stuff done, and both her and hubby just stare at me. yes, she could, if she really buckled down. As she was insisting she could, I reminded her, hey, you're the one who would come home and sleep last year and you haven't completed hardly any of the scholarships we've shown you... so pardon me if I don't have a lot of confidence.
I'm just frustrated.
I'm going to try to keep my distance as much as possible. When ever I start to fuss about the messes or the lack of respect -- Husband gets all defensive, acts like I have PMS and tells me to forget it or go take a bath. It pisses me off to no end. She's not a child, she's 17, going on 18. If everyone thinks she's adult enough to go to college, she's adult enough to pick up her clothes, make her bed, and not rifle through other people's stuff, especially mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment