Thursday, June 17, 2010

just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Yea... so it's hard to look on the bright side when stupid crap keeps happening. When I got home last friday, I had an email... one of my thesis committee members retired (due to budget cuts) and no one told me. Then I got informed it was my responsibility to get a new member. I have now since done that and got some help with stats, but I'm super stress and just so over this thesis s**t.

Saturday was the babyshower for our babysitter. It was nice. Good food and she had a good time I think. I was proud how the quilt turned out, and people commented about it. It all sort of made me feel sad about babies though. Here's this child having a child. Everyone is cooing over the cute stuff. I hate that I pass the baby sections in stores, and touch everything with a sense of longing. I know lots of people who are having babies, so I can buy things for them. Sometimes that makes me feel happy, getting to buy the cute stuff I see... other times it makes me sort of sad. I have times when I'm like... well if we had a baby, we wouldn't be able to go to comic con this summer (35days!) or I already don't get enough alone grown up "husband time". But, when it comes down to it, there's a big part of me that wants one.



Trying to do better with E. Trying to ignore the stuff that annoys me (not picking up, not working on stuff she's suppose to be). I do remind hubby... "hey, isn't she suppose to work on..." which probably annoys him. I did read over a scholarship essay for her. She seemed a little annoyed that I actually had corrections and suggestions other than spelling and punctuation, and that I wanted her to type it BEFORE the deadline so we could go over it again. I sat with her yesterday and helped her order some Copic markers. Not that I know anything thing about the markers, but I'm probably a smidge more internet price comparison shopping savvy than hubby. We got her the manga wallet B and most of the colors that are in the "manga fleshtone" pack for $131 shipped. If any one has looked at prices of Copics... it can cost that much for the one wallet set, and we got like 6 more pens. The other night she and I did some clothes browsing on an asian clothing site. There's some things she wants to order and I said I'd help (she has to use her own money). I'm trying to make sure G doesn't feel like all the attention (esp. her dad's) isn't going all to E while she's here. Since the way it seems is, G gets forgotten at her mom's house between stuff for E and stuff for their little brother over there.



I've gotten myself quite excited for comic con by reading blogs, rumors, guides etc on the internet (yup, big nerd). If nothing else, I'm excited to get out of town for a few days. I'm hoping to pick up a shift or 2 for a friend at the daiquiri shop he manages in July to make some spending money (or money to pay for the dog to be boarded while we're gone... whatever).



I think on saturday I'm going to go have lunch and hang out with a friend in Baton Rouge. Then, of course there is Doctor Who in the evening :D Sunday I plan to take hubby and kids to see Toy Story 3 for father's day. I got him an ipod for anniversary last week, so I told him that has to double as a father's day present as well. Then some True Blood and another weekend will be over too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment