Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I really want to get in a better habit of keeping this up to date. E&G are now both with their mom. Hubby took E to go look at some colleges before bringing her back to her mom's. Both seemed like pretty viable options (one had seemed iffy based on their website), now it will just be a matter of her staying on top of applications and scholarships(!!!). Hubby was gone for 3 days, I missed him, but I stayed pretty busy, I worked a shift at the Daquiri shop to help out, had jury duty and regular work. This weekend was nice, we didn't really do a whole lot of anything. Saturday we slept in, Lebanon cafe, comic store, wandered around while we waited out the rain, and vegged out at home. Sunday we got brunch tacos and saw Despicable Me, it was fun and enjoyed a new episode of True Blood in the evening. I had my yearly exam yesterday and made sure I updated my file with info about my mom. She said everything looked good (I swear, they do not have a gentle touch checking your ovaries). She referred me to a counselor to discuss whether or not I should get tested for the genetic marker for breast cancer. That's kinda of scary. I know this meeting will be to discuss whether it's necessary or not, but what if it is, and what if I have it? I mentioned to Ron, should I ask the person if possible fertility treatments in the future are a risk for those with a familial history of breast cancer, regardless of marker? I know a friend of mine was told when her mom was diagnosed that she shouldn't birth control because it could increase her chances of cancer. It's all scary.

On a lighter note .... 9 days til vacation!!! I still have a ton to do like get the dog boarded, clean house, pay bills, etc. I'd much rather just spend the time with the hubby and crafting, but there's evil stuff like my thesis that need to be worked on *Sigh* Saturday a group of local lolita are going to go to high tea at the Ritz (there's a anime convention downtown this weekend), we're skipping the con to save money for vacation, but I'm planning on doing tea as I've wanted to do high tea for a while as the only other time I've done it is with G for a children's tea. I'm hoping it will be fun. The local lolitas seem nice enough, but most are a good bit younger than me, no jobs, not married, etc, so I don't have a lot in common with them. I'm going to see if Ron will help me pick out something to wear :P We're going to go play trivia tonight I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment