Friday, February 24, 2012

It feels like the last 2 weeks have been a wirlwind. Started playing Portal 2 with the hubby (that's what I got him for Valentine's Day), it's great, I love how snarky Glados is. THough it does make me feel dumb sometimes because I cannot for the life of me figure out how you would solve it...then hubby fiddles for a while and gets it.
We've been slammed at work. I like my job, and I'm glad it's not one where I have to take my work home, but it's tiring and with the commute - I'm fried some evenings. Friday after work we headed out towards Houston. Saturday we picked up G from her mom's and headed towards the Dallas/Ft Worth area to go see E for her birthday. It rained ALL day. We got there around 2:30 and did presents with the kids (We let G have hers early as we won't be able to go see her for her birthday next month). We then went (along with E's roomate)to go eat at Texas De Brazil. Hubby, G and I had gone at thanksgiving to the one locally, but E had never been to one. I think they all enjoyed it. We stopped at the mall on the way back. Sunday we went to half price books (Love them! Wish we had them here) the Kimball art museum and the Modern art museum. Then In & Out buger - So good! I can't explain it, it's probably because it reminds me of California, but I love In and Out. They are really tasty bugers too, especially for being fast food. We then went to another mall :P Monday morning we headed back towards the Houston area to take G to her mom's. I hit a really nice Joann's in Arlington and spent way too much money on fabric... but got some good president's day deals and star wars fabric! We stopped at the Galleria so G could go to the lego store. After we dropped G off, we headed to Ikea. The only thing we *needed* were shower curtains, but I ended up with a bagful. We drove the rest of the way home Tuesday. I'm ok with missing Mardi Gras this year. Tuesday evening we cleaned up around the house, did laundry. I attempted to help E with studying for stats over Skype. Dunno if I helped her any, but I hope so.

I've been so tired that I don't want to do a whole lot this weekend except sleep and do some crafting. Some friends had talked about maybe coming over saturday, but I haven't heard from them, so if they don't thats ok. We're pretty busy these next few weekends.

Good things about today
It's friday! (its sad that this is so exciting considering it was a 3 day work week)

No comments:

Post a Comment